Sunday, August 29, 2021

What's your focus this year?

A few years ago I wrote a post called "True Confessions of a Real Teacher."  I was struggling that year with a particular student and lack of support. This was my unfinished anchor chart that year.
 

Each school year, I choose a phrase to guide my focus for the year. It's my wish for the year.  Sometimes I share it. Sometimes I don't.  The year I chose the goal, "This year I hope everyone will feel safe about trying things that feel hard," there was a sudden death in my family. 

Life was hard...for me.


I would like to apologize to the universe for the year my phrase was #embracethechaos. That was 2019-2020. 

Last year my phrase was #faithnotfear.  It was another difficult year.

Maybe I haven't learned my lesson, but I'm choosing a new phrase this year:

Avoid foolish controversies.

I guess I will be off social media by November. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your focus this year?

A few years ago I wrote a post called "True Confessions of a Real Teacher."   I was struggling that year with a particular student...